top of page

Support for Scotland leaving the UK has fallen to just 39%

A new poll has shown support for Scottish independence has fallen to just 39 per cent (with don't knows excluded).

With don't knows excluded, the poll finds 46% back leaving the UK compared to 54% who want to remain part of the union.

The YouGov survey for Sky News was published ahead of tonight’s television debate between the three candidates for SNP leader.

Pamela Nash, chief executive of Scotland in Union, said:

“This is another poll showing support for independence decreasing, and reaffirms again that Scots want a government that focuses on the issues that really matter.

“While the SNP continues to obsess about independence, the public want to hear what the next leader plans to do about health, education and the cost-of-living crisis.

“The three candidates for First Minister should heed this poll and take plans for another referendum off the table.

“It’s time for the people’s priorities, not the SNP’s.”

Read more here.

1 Comment

Mar 13, 2023

To think all the money wasted on Indy 1 and they Have a nerve to want to waste more on Indy 2, people are beginning to realise how stupidly they were taken in by the SNP, Great Britain deserved better that this lot senseless people,

bottom of page